Organization for Economic Initiatives, Inc.
OEI is an Oregon private, non-profit corporation that has successfully assisted Oregon small businesses in developing new markets for over 32 years. OEI began Oregon's first statewide sustainability program, Oregon Marketplace, linking purchasers of raw materials and components to Oregon suppliers and manufacturers. From 1985-1995, Oregon Marketplace was written about in the Wall Street Journal and Horizon Air's in-flight magazine, and duplicated in several states and Canadian provinces, keeping about $100 million in state.
In 1993, OEI took over the administration of Oregon's Statewide Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTAC), also known as the Government Contract Assistance Program (GCAP). Since 1986, GCAP has provided counseling and opportunities matching resulting in Oregon businesses landing hundreds of millions of dollars in government contracts, creating and retaining thousands of jobs. OEI has also managed outreach and training efforts for the Jobs-in-the-Woods program with the US Department of Agriculture, Forestry and for the Emerging Small Business program with the Oregon Department of Transportation. In 2007, OEI became the prime contractor and grantee in support of the Northwest Manufacturing Initiative, a remarkable public-private partnership aimed at improving advanced manufacturing capabilities and markets for NW firms.
- Rick Evans- OEI Executive Director 541-888-7034 ; firstname.lastname@example.org
OEI Board Members
- Jon Richards: Board President, former Small Business Development Center Director, and current international business consultant.
- Michael Lainoff: Vice President. Former Oregon SBDC Network State Director and business consultant.
- Dan Warden: Secretary/Treasurer: CEO of CV International, an Oregon small business manufacturer.
- Steve Spilker: Board Member
- Michael Wax: Board Member